Things are coming together.
Morning routine. Daughter off to school. And even though it was her short school day and we were by ourselves for the rest of the afternoon and evening, I got some good work done.
Vampires Versus Comicon
In working to resolve the incompatible plots, I realized I was misreading my plan (spreadsheet, actually), jamming the action from two planned chapters into one. When I got that sorted out, I discovered not only that I was further along than I thought I was, but also that the book is on track to be 60 – 70 thousand words, not 100+ thousand. That’s a relief! I still need to crank up my output, but that brings the end a lot closer. And, I had another good day of productivity, not quite pulp speed, but enough to feel good.
I’ll take it.