I should get up bird-early and do my work. That is a habit I would like to start this week.
Instead, today, my morning and early afternoon were occupied with a tour of a great school that will almost certainly be where Elizabeth has her Kindergarten through Sixth Grade experience, and my afternoon and evening were occupied with domestic tasks that could not be put off.
Late in the evening, when I finally did get to Spring Rains, I found the work oddly familiar. That happens sometimes when I’m going over places where text has been written and deleted or moved, so it wasn’t alarming at first, but then I was pretty sure I remembered finishing things that showed as unfinished.
Checking into it, I realized to my horror that my synchronization software had replaced the current version of my Spring Rains file with an older version. For a few minutes, I was filled with dread, but I found that it has merely renamed my current version to something else. Unfortunately, it had done this for lots of files, and for several of them, including Spring Rains, I had unwittingly added new content to old version. Oops. It’s better than losing content, but it’s a clunky mess to straighten out.
I got enough fixed to work on Spring Rains, and I pushed forward a little, but didn’t get very far before I ran out of energy and had to call it a night.
- New fiction words: 300
- Scenes completed: 0
- Chapters completed: 0
- Covers completed: 0
- New weblog words: 275
I think I will make early rising a priority.