If I could sell 10,000 books in three months just because I wanted to, I’d have already done it. Many times. So what can I actually do now to bring about those results? Plenty. I think the success of my 10K challenge hinges on doing these six things every week:
- Writing 20,000 new words. Content is king. It’s a lot, but I can do it.
- Conducting one promotion. Promotions work, and regular promotions should work even better.
- Taking one outreach action. I need new people to know I exist. Weekly actions should help.
- Implementing one upgrade. Weekly small(-ish) projects to improve my content, my website, and my tools will help me get better all the time.
- Posting progress. Public accountability is motivational.
- Writing one newsletter. My newsletter is a key component of my success, and regular content about an interesting topic (like this challenge) should give it a strong boost.
My plan went through several revisions to get to this state, and I’m very confident in it. It will take a lot of work to pull it off, but most worthwhile things do.